Tanks

ill be the first:wink:

Attachments

• conv_290762.jpg
    conv_290762.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
Well, actually, we have a lot of tank photos, but they're embedded in posts on these forums.

You might try another posting under the Tank Talk forum.

Nancy

well, I do not yet have any good pics of my octo tank, so here is one of my reef tank....that'll have to do for ya for now! :wink:

Attachments

• conv_290797.jpg
    conv_290797.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 91
i had a nice reef in my 75g that i got my octo in now. it crashed for a reason my test kits did not know so i kept some fish for a few months, then cashed everything in for my octo, its nice to have the best of all worlds. ive had everything you can think of in freshwater, sting rays, turtles, marine community, reef and now an octo and i would say so far my octo is the most entertaining! but thats just the way i feel....

Trapper's tank

Not the best of shots but this is Trapper's hex tank without the barnicles that are her den.

Attachments

• conv_290802.jpg
    conv_290802.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 102
Dan,
So that is where Trundle (dwarf lion) goes when it isn't supper time! Great looking tanks!

Jean,
Speaking of great tanks - Where is your contribution? I will not likely get to NZ so these pictures I am anxious to see!!

Nickcoletti,

Not even close to as much sand as it looks:wink: . We wanted a beach front in case one we get wants to dig but the depth look is deceptive. We constructed something between a plenum and an undergravel using PVC pipe, plastic peg board, a double lined filter bag and a water pump. The front view shows the sand all the way to the bottom of the tank but is only about 1.5" wide. The beach behind the front gap is only about 1.5" deep and there is only a trace behind that. The rock does not go all the way to the back wall so there is swimming area 360 degrees around the "mountain" overflow and only rock on the back side. The front sand is deeper than I wanted but so far (8 months) there do not appear to be any nasty pockets and I do poke and stirr about once every two months. I had a sand sifting star to help keep it stirred but it had a run in with an over hungry pencil urchin (very little algae for it to eat and I have to supplement with plants - also moved one of the urchins to another tank) and I have not found another locally as yet.

So far so good with the setup (the cleaning - or lack of it - is a major boon) and my first resident, Mercatoris (Carribean pigmy), has survived her hatchlings by 7 weeks. She is getting weak and rarely eats now but still interacts most nights for a few minutes. I expect to try a pair of her hatchlings in the same tank (all five are in a breeder net at the top now) so we will see how it does starting from a young creature next (Trapper started brooding two months after we got her).

dwhatley;94316 said:
Dan,
So that is where Trundle (dwarf lion) goes when it isn't supper time! Great looking tanks!

Jean,
Speaking of great tanks - Where is your contribution? I will not likely get to NZ so these pictures I am anxious to see!!

Sorry, it's been a crazily busy week!!

Here are pics of the Octopus fortress where we keep Pinnoctopus cordiformis it's some 3000L (950 G). The current inhabitant is feeling anti social at the moment and is hiding up the back of the concrete pipe:

No one is the view from across the room, no 2 is behind the scenes, we can secure the doors if nec and 3 is a view inside the tank. The camera has picked up rather a lot of scratches on the glass sorry (it is 76 years old though :biggrin2:)

J

Attachments

• conv_290816.jpg
    conv_290816.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 129
  • conv_290817.jpg
    conv_290817.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 104
  • conv_290818.jpg
    conv_290818.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 130

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back