• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

tankmates

Seahorses do indeed prefer species tanks. I have two identical tanks, one for a group of seahorses, the other for my octo, plumbed together via a sump. Unfortunately that leaves me no place to keep other fish. I think I'll need to add a third tank to keep clowns, butterflys, etc.

I think sticking to seahorses is a good idea for the moment, then in the future you can consider getting another larger tank to keep your octopus.
And yes you can keep seahorses with some fish (i wouldn't recommend clown fish either...too aggressive) as long as they won't bother the seahorses or are to quick and will steal all of the food, leaving the seahorses to starve...remember seahorses are very slow. A good tankmate for that size aqurium is a green/blue manderin fish or something similar.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back