• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

tank variation

reefer911

Cuttlefish
Registered
im lokking into a bimac and i was wundering if octopuses need alot of vertical spaces. Cause i was looking at a tank that was more width an depth than a whole lot of vertical.

Thought and concerns please

Drew

No, an octopus would prefer more width and depth rather than height, for the same number of gallons - many of the tanks sold today are quite tall. Can you give the dimensions of the tank you're interested in?

Nancy

unfortunetly not ill try to go buy merory ahh a 1ft high 1.5ft deep and 2ft long(now this is just a guess) i will confirm it in a little. I think it is bigger all around but well see. But there was quit a bitt of depth. not much vertical

For a bimac, you are going to need a tank of about 45-55 gallons (12x48x16 or so)...what you are describing sounds like a fifteen or twenty gallon tank, really kind of small to maintain water quality...

not much in the way of height...a 40 "breeder" (20x36x18) would be perfect!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back