• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

tank tops??

0ctopussy

Cuttlefish
Registered
i have a 29 gal but everything in my tank is hang on so the entire back is open and i was wondering how do all of you cover up all the openings including the filters so that the octopus doesn't get out? ive tried duct tape but it just gets moist and then falls off

That's exactly why most of us don't use hang-on-back equipment!

With my through-glass overflow and return system, I don't have a single thing that goes between the tank and the lid.

Dan

If you're stuck with the hang ons, you might try a piece of acrylic and duct tape, but plan to replace the duct tape frequently. Please remember to leave some holes in the acrylic sheet for ventilation (too small for your octo to use for an escape).

Nancy

about the only thing you can do is turn everything off for an hour or so, dry off the tubes as much as possible, and then use a good quality duct tape, like 3M or Scotch. As Nancy stated, you are going to have to change it fairly often...

greg

just make the opening small as it can be with acrylic and put the rough side of velcro down on it. This is what i am doing and have no tape one it. I have bricks however to hold the top down.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back