• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tank Q's

I bought my live rock this weekend. I went to two stores. The first place had Figi rock it was $10 per pound. Reputable buisness mostley brown/grey in color. I happened to stop at another store and found live rock for $5 per pound so I loaded up. This rock had greens, blues, and some pink mushy stuff. Upon loading it without gloves it made my skin feel extremly hot (like I stuck my hand in habanero hot sauce) What the heck? Is that normal ? This place seemed a little sketchy but the rocks looked so cool I have to get some. What is growing on them?
:confused:

Faaborg;115668 said:
I bought my live rock this weekend. I went to two stores. The first place had Figi rock it was $10 per pound. Reputable buisness mostley brown/grey in color. I happened to stop at another store and found live rock for $5 per pound so I loaded up. This rock had greens, blues, and some pink mushy stuff. Upon loading it without gloves it made my skin feel extremly hot (like I stuck my hand in habanero hot sauce) What the heck? Is that normal ? This place seemed a little sketchy but the rocks looked so cool I have to get some. What is growing on them?
:confused:

Sometimes you can get a reaction from sponges, small anemones or zooanthids. Any of these things could be in your live rock. Wear gloves!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back