• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tank Filtration

Alright, I am aiming to get all the equipment about a year from now, if I've enough money put aside by then. I am probably going to get a bimac. Now, the tank would be 50 gallons and I was planning on Using a wet/dry filter with a sump, the one I found was for 65 to 120 gallons, this does not sound like enough, so I was thinking of combining it with a 55 gal. canister filter. Would that be enough filtration?

Welcome to Tonmo, and that sounds like a workable setup, similar to what many of us use.
greg

Hi and welcome to TONMO.com! :welcome:

That sounds like a good set-up, but instead of a canister filter, you need to add a protein skimmer.

Glad to have you with us and looking forward to the time when you have your tank all set up.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back