Taking the plunge from Montreal, Canada

dactylic

Hatchling
Registered
Hey TONMO!

I'm as nooby as it gets here, but I've been lurking through the site for a couple months. I've kept a few freshwater tanks, but never saltwater and never a ceph. I just bought myself a 77 Gallon tank, and I'mm here to keep learning, and maybe document the whole process from the eyes of a total beginner.

If anyone has any suggestions or opinions I'd love to hear them, and if there are any Montrealers here let me know!

Thanks
Evan

Corpusse currently has an O. briareus but he is in Ontario. One thing that will help find others closer is edit your profile and add your location to the displayable section on your id (this is not automatically displayed).

I recommend you set your time table to roughly a year from the time you acquire and set up your tank until you add your first ceph. FW is very different from marine and we will do our best to guide you to NOT experience new tank syndrome (google the term, the mistakes are SO common it has a name). For starters read through the tank forum for ideas.

Welcome to our world!

Hi Evan
Welcome from a former Montrealer!
You bought a nice-sized tank for most of the octopuses we have access to,
And you should find setting up a salt water tank an enjoyable experience.
You'll find good information in the forums and articles and be sure to read some of the journal articles.
Glad you could join us.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back