tagging squid

ubiquity

Blue Ring
Registered
is it possible to pin a radio transmitter to an archi?

sadly i missed the discovery program where steve caught those youngsters(no cable),but having bumped into that info via googlesearches, i got to thinking that a catch,tag,release program could provide substantial data.

Howdo ubiquity.

Indeed this is the plan. We couldn't grow the little guys up to maturity (we couldn't afford to feed or accommodate them), so we were going to release them with little transmitters attached. It is still the plan.

Cheers
Steve

sweet!
that's just what i was hoping to hear! i mean,..i knew i couldn't be the only one thinking it was the way to go.

sooooo...what else can we expect? come on and spill the beans steve! please? i must admit an intense curiosity,and i simply HAVE to know! LOL!!

That's alright Clem - your answer was so much more informative than mine :biggrin2: If you ever want a job then sing out.

Other things planned ..... hmmmmm.
Cheers
O

have these difficulties that clem mentions been dealt with? is it going to be as problematic as all that?

heavens...i hope not!

Steve,

Double Dang.

Where will you embed the transmitter? Statolith? Mantle wall?

Job?

:shock:

Clem
Transitional Minister of Hasty Deletions

i have a feeling i'm about to be extremely jealous of good ole clem here!

ahhhh who am i kidding...all i have is an art degree...
ever get the feeling that you missed your calling? i should be out on a boat with you guys! that would be soooo awesome!

Ja, probably slip it in (looped through) the mantle somewhere up front (just behind the head, dorsally, with disolving link/thread), but I really hadn't taken the idea too far - the little sods went and died on me :frown: . There'll come a time I'm sure (cannot give up now eh!).

I think we'll crack this keeping squid live in captivity within the next four-or-so months (the plan).
Cheers
O

Ubiquity, anyone is welcome to tag along with us - biology degree, art degree or no degree (I like people with art degrees - they tend to be a bit more balanced than .... urrrrr .... myself). Just tell me when to pick you up from the airport.

Steve,

Double Dang.

Where will you embed the transmitter? Statolith? Mantle wall?

Job?

:shock:

Clem
Transitional Minister of Hasty Deletions

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back