tada... here comes my 'lil cuttle-webpage

Hello again!

All the hosts i've come across that have enough server space also have limited bandwith. It's getting harder and harder to find good freebies on the internet :-(
Have you tried your university server?

Just to let you know we ended up actually doing that Sepia practical in january :smile:, so thanks again...

good luck

website updated

Hello TONMOers :biggrin2:

After several decades :wink: I've recently updated my old website on the common European cuttlefish Sepia officinalis L. ... The new version is full-flash and works fine on my old machine. Although I haven't finished yet (don't be surprised by some dead links), I would appreciate any kind of feedback especially on perfomance on other machines/OS/browsers etc. (so far only tested on Win98/XP, IE 6.0, 1024x786px)...

For those of you who know my old purple html-website on S. officinalis: The new website already has 90% of the pictures from the old html-website (some are zoom-able) plus some new pictures in the "cuttlefish egg" -> "embryos" section. In the "adult cuttlefish" -> "living animal - videos" section there are some tiny new videofiles... Please let me know how it's working and what you think about it...

The adress is the same as before freenet Webhosting - Die All-in-One Lösung für Ihre eigene Website - freenet.de :cuttle:

Thanks a lot!
Best regards from Germany,
K :sink:

Nobody there? :smile:

Hello TONMOers

Hmm, apparently nobody replied to my previous post yet... :cry:
That means:
(a) the website doesn't work on your machine
or
(b) nobody cares about it...

I cannot decide which option is worse actually :goofysca:

But perhaps you hesitating cephy people :wink: just need some little ADVERTISEMENT... hehe

werbetraeger.gif

My websites have moved now to a new place. The new adress is http://www.kawolfram.de. Altenatively, you can go directly to the new flash-version of the cuttlefish website at http://www.kawolfram.de/cuttlefish/ or let your redirect from freenet Webhosting - Die All-in-One Lösung für Ihre eigene Website - freenet.de (yes, perhaps this is the best way)...

Okay, I will continue waiting for some response now :biggrin2:

Best wishes,

Ummm
That middle pane is a NIGHTMARE to read
white on yellow is a bad call for visibility at 1600X1200
looks neat but my eyes started to cross
:smile:

I had some minor issues: the main page takes me to a login/passwort page in German, and the first time I tried to go to the cuttles page I got a 404 (although maybe I misspelled cuttles or something), but the second time I tried it I got in. It's certainly very "flashy"-- I was a little confused for a while that I had to click on the title of a box to get the other boxes to disappear before I could click on any of the links in that box.

It has the unfortunate problem that in order to get to the link to the old non-flash page, you need to be able to run flash... since they don't have a flashplayer for amd64 linux, I'm flash-crippled in my default browser, so I have to fire up a 386 firefox to view flash content, which makes it a big pain should I want to conveniently look at your anatomy pics for reference or something... I think that in the "modern age of the web" it may not be bad to assume everyone has flash, but since it's not 100%, I advocate always providing a non-flash way to get to the content. This is good for people with older computers or slow connections, too, who may want to look at something like your anatomy pics even though they can't handle all of the eye candy. Even if you scoff at people with old computers, there are more and more people accessing the web via cell phones and such, too, which have the same "low bandwidth, low resolution, slow CPUs, no flashplayer" issues... I don't mean "eye candy" as negative, by the way, I just like the content enough that I don't want people to have trouble getting to it if the flash stuff, which looks great but isn't required for the content, causes problems. That's my :twocents:

Hello :biggrin2:

Mizu said:
Ummm
That middle pane is a NIGHTMARE to read
white on yellow is a bad call for visibility at 1600X1200
looks neat but my eyes started to cross
:smile:

Thanks, Mizu. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for (I won't trust my weird screen anymore)... I've changed the colors now... :wink:

Monty, thank you! I mis-spelled the "www" (:oops: .. although there isn't much to mis-spell) in my original post and didn't realize until I read your post. Now the link works... I've still running the non-flash html-version of the website, but was thinking of taking it offline soon. It's funny to imagine people accessing my anatomical pictures with cell phones on the bus/street etc. (they must be even more addicted to cephs than me! :biggrin2: )... but I think, you are right. I guess I'll keep the html version for longer...

For those who do have a flash-compatible (fast CPU) system:
check out my custom made HTTP Error pages. I've got a virtual :cuttle: there ...

Best regards,

I fed it, sorry.

It sure has a lot of behaviors...

very cool.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back