tada... here comes my 'lil cuttle-webpage

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tigerkatze_82, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Tigerkatze_82

Tigerkatze_82 O. vulgaris Registered

Hello everbody :D

I am not introducing myself today - hehe, 'cos I already did so long time ago. Remember me?
    I want to introduce my little webpage instead... http://people.freenet.de/kawolfram is a website about the Common Euopean Cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis) and if you like cuttlefishes, you may want to have a look. Many of my pictures of baby and adult cuttles are there...

Looking forward to hear some critical comments and suggestions from you :heee: ,
    Cheers, TK
    :cuttle:

2. thom

thom Blue Ring Registered

I just had a look, and i'm very impressed!

User-friendly, good navigation, and tons of new pictures/information. Perhaps with your link i'll be able to convince the folks at my uni to include officinalis in our dissection course (sorry cuttles :) )

Great site!

I know, not quite criticism. :P

3. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

hmm..have a browser problem...will try again later, as i am sure it is stunning! congrats!
    greg

4. joel_ang

joel_ang Architeuthis Registered

Can't get the pictures loaded, i'll try on another com soon. Pretty sure its a good one from what i see...

5. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

Looks good so far TK

make sure you add it to the ceph Web Links part of TONMO.com :)

6. Tigerkatze_82

Hi

Thankx for aaaaall the critical comments :P
    Hehe, maybe those of you who had problems loading the page can tell me which browser they were using. So that I can try to fix this problem.

Thank you,
    TK

7. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Using Microsoft Internet Explorer, I still get an read error on the pictures, but after about fifteen seconds, it does download the pics...so, it just takes a while, but the wait is worth it...very nice site !!!
    greg

8. Melissa

Melissa Larger Pacific Striped Octopus Supporter

You've got an overwhelming amount of information there! The pictures are terrific.

Melissa

9. um...

um... Architeuthis Supporter

I had to bookmark your wonderful site.

10. Cephkid

Cephkid Sepia elegans Supporter

:shock:
    ..wow...
    ..nice...

11. Phil

Phil Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

Fantastic! Must have taken ages to create.

:notworth: ...in awe....

12. Besty

Besty Larval Mass Registered

Just had a good look at your web site. Most impressive. Wicked pictures especially the group shots. Hatched out babies 20 years ago and grew on to various stages to some degree of success. Keep up the web site , very informative. Tim

13. Tigerkatze_82

so nice comments 'bout my page, thank you

Hello all you nice people :D

Hehe, thank you very much for the positive feedback :notworth: I am very happy to see that you visited my page and (more important) had a good impression of it ... Motivates me to continue with it...

Thankx,
    TK

14. G Leddington

G Leddington Pygmy Octopus Registered

nice web site! v. informative!

15. Tigerkatze_82

need webspace for my cuttle-videos

Helllo everybody :smile:

Please excuse this slightly off-topic post here. :grin:
    I am accumulating video-files of our S. officinalis beauties and want to add them to my website and show them online. Until now I wasn't able to find a host for my (big) files (

16. thom

thom Blue Ring Registered

Hello again!

All the hosts i've come across that have enough server space also have limited bandwith. It's getting harder and harder to find good freebies on the internet :-(
    Have you tried your university server?

Just to let you know we ended up actually doing that Sepia practical in january :), so thanks again...

good luck

17. Tigerkatze_82

website updated

Hello TONMOers :grin:

After several decades :wink: I've recently updated my old website on the common European cuttlefish Sepia officinalis L. ... The new version is full-flash and works fine on my old machine. Although I haven't finished yet (don't be surprised by some dead links), I would appreciate any kind of feedback especially on perfomance on other machines/OS/browsers etc. (so far only tested on Win98/XP, IE 6.0, 1024x786px)...

For those of you who know my old purple html-website on S. officinalis: The new website already has 90% of the pictures from the old html-website (some are zoom-able) plus some new pictures in the "cuttlefish egg" -> "embryos" section. In the "adult cuttlefish" -> "living animal - videos" section there are some tiny new videofiles... Please let me know how it's working and what you think about it...

The adress is the same as before http://people.freenet.de/kawolfram :cuttle:

Thanks a lot!
    Best regards from Germany,
    K :sink:

18. Tigerkatze_82

Nobody there? :)

Hello TONMOers

Hmm, apparently nobody replied to my previous post yet... :cry:
    That means:
    (a) the website doesn't work on your machine
    or
    (b) nobody cares about it...

I cannot decide which option is worse actually :goofysca:

But perhaps you hesitating cephy people :wink: just need some little ADVERTISEMENT... hehe

[​IMG]

My websites have moved now to a new place. The new adress is http://www.kawolfram.de. Altenatively, you can go directly to the new flash-version of the cuttlefish website at http://www.kawolfram.de/cuttlefish/ or let your redirect from http://people.freenet.de/kawolfram/ (yes, perhaps this is the best way)...

Okay, I will continue waiting for some response now :grin:

Best wishes,
    K :sink:

19. Mizu

Mizu Vampyroteuthis Registered

Ummm
    That middle pane is a NIGHTMARE to read
    white on yellow is a bad call for visibility at 1600X1200
    looks neat but my eyes started to cross
    :)

20. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

I had some minor issues: the main page takes me to a login/passwort page in German, and the first time I tried to go to the cuttles page I got a 404 (although maybe I misspelled cuttles or something), but the second time I tried it I got in. It's certainly very "flashy"-- I was a little confused for a while that I had to click on the title of a box to get the other boxes to disappear before I could click on any of the links in that box.

It has the unfortunate problem that in order to get to the link to the old non-flash page, you need to be able to run flash... since they don't have a flashplayer for amd64 linux, I'm flash-crippled in my default browser, so I have to fire up a 386 firefox to view flash content, which makes it a big pain should I want to conveniently look at your anatomy pics for reference or something... I think that in the "modern age of the web" it may not be bad to assume everyone has flash, but since it's not 100%, I advocate always providing a non-flash way to get to the content. This is good for people with older computers or slow connections, too, who may want to look at something like your anatomy pics even though they can't handle all of the eye candy. Even if you scoff at people with old computers, there are more and more people accessing the web via cell phones and such, too, which have the same "low bandwidth, low resolution, slow CPUs, no flashplayer" issues... I don't mean "eye candy" as negative, by the way, I just like the content enough that I don't want people to have trouble getting to it if the flash stuff, which looks great but isn't required for the content, causes problems. That's my :twocents: