• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Swtch from fresh to salt

Kristie,

I am new to cephalopods, but have had saltwater aquariums for over six years. When I started out in saltwater I was very intimidated by the thought of plumming and having to get a new tank. After much research I ended up keeping my 65 gallon tank and turning it to salt. I also bought the tank new and knew no medications had been used in it.
I have five aquariums at the moment and none are drilled with any plumbing. I just use hang on the back skimmers. I even had a chiller that worked without the need for a sump. I know issues arise with octopi trying to escape, but it seems many people have found ways to escape proof tanks without a sump.

Just my .02 cents, but in my opinion you don't need to sell your tank and start over necessarily. It is a good size.

Jill

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back