• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Sweet.

I went to a new fish store and what did I find? An Octo! Looked like Octopus Briareus to me. I talked with the guys there and all my thoughts came together. On the way home I stoped at Pet SuperMarket which had a 55 for $50. 8) So I got it. Im on a budget of about $250.

Havent gotten the stand yet but I think I will get a iron one. (Cheaper) Any reason not to? Im planning on building a simple Wet-Dry Filter and buy a Protein Skimmer with what I have left. The Wet Dry should work, right? What Protein skimmer should/can I get?

Anything to save money...

The only disadvantage to an iron stand that I've encountered is rust - you will get water on it (can't be helped). You could just live with it, or paint it before you put eveything together. You could use a paint like Rustoleum or Krylon.

Nancy

Venturi skimmers are pretty good, As for the rust thing, see if you have any cabinets which are structuraly (sp?) sound. If not, try varnish on the stand but it might peel off and I have no idea what fumes could do.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back