studying cephs


Colossal Squid
Wellllllllllllll it's not "just" marine biology! But you're right there is no programme on Teuthology! You would need to do a programme in Biology/zoology/marine biology/marine science..............whatever's on offer at whichever university you decide to go to. Most have websites you can look at to help make the decision! For example the University of Otago (where I am!) has undergraduate papers in marine ecology, zoology etc BUT to get a specific Marine degree you have to wait until postgraduate (although I believe the department is hoping to change that and eventually offer an undergrad degree). We offer Postgraduate Diploma in Science, Masters and PhD. (




Hi there Vampyroteuthis. Well, I got as close as I could.... majoring in Marine Biology while working at the National Resource Center for Cephalopods in Galveston, Texas. Marine Bio is great but, there's nothing specifically geared to cephs at Texas A&M University in Galveston. The NRCC helps to get some hands on lab experience with a range of different cephs and a leg-up towards maybe some more specific grad school elsewhere.


Thanks a lot, its given me a nudge in the right direction. I'm in Canada, so the possibility of working at the NRCC is low.. unfortunately:mad:
Are there any similiar "institutes" like that near Vancouver or Victoria?

Members online

No members online now.