• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

stingrays and cuttles

A newborn stingray probably won't eat an adult cuttle, but as soon as the cuttle can fit in its mouth, it's toast.

I've worked with dozens of rays, they aren't picky about what they eat, whether it's on the bottom, swimming or floating on the top. In the wild, they do eat mainly bottom dwelling animals, but in captivity, they expand their horizons. You may have success with a very small ray like a yellow stingray, but only with a full grown cuttle.

Oh. Were you asking a question in the original post? The lack of punctuation and question mark led me to believe that you were making a statement.

Yes, I realize that now.
I would humbly suggest you use punctuation and capitals in the future to make it easier for people to understand you and to answer your questions. :biggrin2:

I wouldn't do it. I had a yellow ray get a cleaner wrasse stuck in his mouth and it took both of them out. not good : (
Rays are incredible animals, but need a species specific tank like the cuttle.
Also if you do get a ray, make sure you dont use crushed coral as the substrate. We use pool filter sand (get it at great escape $8 for a 50 lb bag). They have VERY sensitive undersides and can get infected easily (same with sharks)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back