Steve swamped and offline until further notice, sorry

We did!!
Returned to NZ with a bucket-sized colossal squid :biggrin2: , and all manner of other exciting bits and pieces :madsci: !

That week away has just set us back a few months (with additional work), but it was certainly worthwhile.

Will be quiet for a few days longer (have a talk to give morrow eve). Heard a 24kg (real small/male) Architeuthis is en route (though don't ask where we'll put it), but it could just as easily be Taningia or Idioteuthis; time will tell (next week).

Just an update. I'll be offline for a while while I get a few things attended to here; will return refreshed. Tintenfisch (Kat) will be about, in a few days time, to address any and all queries (coz she's good).
Cheers
O

You'll have to be more specific than that John. Do you mean at the organismal/individual or species level? For the sake of the species, does it matter if I smoke?

I'm afraid I'm not up to answering that question myself. I'll ask you another:

What does it all mean?
:heee:

It means, Steven, that if you whistle, the smoke won't get in your eyes.

actually, for the sake of the species it probably doesn't matter if an individual whistles .. or smokes

but then where would we be without the whistlers mother?

What in tarnation is that dried-up thing in your avatar Clem? It seems to be changing from one day to the next, as in more of it coming into view (or am I really losing the plot?).

Steve O'Shea said:
What in tarnation is that dried-up thing in your avatar Clem?

Ain't dried. 'Tis stone.

It seems to be changing from one day to the next, as in more of it coming into view (or am I really losing the plot?).

I'm sowing suspense, Steve. More strange, old business on the North Sea coast, with a bizarre echo from the Indian subcontinent.

Shouldn't you be enjoying a well-deserved coma, now?

:sleeping:

Clem

Hard to stay offline, even though it's in my best interests to do so, for a while anyway.

Stone? You've got my attention.

myopsida said:
.... if you whistle, the smoke won't get in your eyes.

One could read an awful lot into this; is one meant to? Clouded judgement, or do I take this literally, face value in jest :?: Perhaps, most likely, it is simply because I like the Platters, so-much-so that I read too much between lines composed by a mysterious myopsid.

It's hopeless trying to go offline - I give up! I'll just say I'll be about infrequently from now on.

Incidentally, there are 42 species of octopus known from New Zealand waters. Once we reached that magic figure I realised it was time to move on to squid. Unfortunately there's about 90 of those.

For my PhD, I undertook about 2500 measurements of low energy scattered x-rays, had to combine them in such a way to produce a value called effective dose, imagine my surprise when the result of my work was
0.42 uSv

Spoooooooky...

Moog

Steve O'Shea said:
You'll have to be more specific than that John. Do you mean at the organismal/individual or species level? For the sake of the species, does it matter if I smoke?

I'm afraid I'm not up to answering that question myself. I'll ask you another:

What does it all mean?
:heee:

It means you need some rest, Steve.... :heee: Even cephs sleep... er, don't they?

And as far as smoking, it only matters WHAT you smoke... :heee:

Sake and Soboro Donburi,

John

Jean said:
Ok I'm not Kat but I always thought that the answer to life , the universe and everything was .............42!

not so.... i just looked in my wallet and only saw 3$....someone owes me 39$.... :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back