• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

staying on the side

Serpent Starfish....The one in Squiggles tank has lived with probably 6 other octopuses over the years. I think I have had this one for 4 years.

Did you collect the sea star in Southern California? If so, the most common sea stars are these:

1. bat stars (Asterina (or Paterina) miniata), which are smooth on top and have webbing between the arms.

2. ochre stars (Pisaster ochraceus) which come in orange, purple and yellow. They have white knobs or spikes all over their body and are fuzzy in between the white knobs.

3. giant stars (Pisaster giganteus) which also has spines, but its spines are surrounded by blue

There are others, but those are the most common...

Attachments

• conv_289819.jpg
    conv_289819.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 75
  • conv_289820.jpg
    conv_289820.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 70
  • conv_289821.jpg
    conv_289821.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 72
"What kind of fish? The kind that replaces your skimmer?"
no, its a small tan tidal pool fish with a small beak solid color except for a white spot on the top and its top fin has a blue or red streak, depending on gender i think.

I dont think it was the marble star, it may have been the orcher star, yes i did collect it in southern california.

but what sea star would one recomend?
and where might i order it.
thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back