Startling History of the USS Miskatonic

Clem,

Now now-- We left Innsmouth for good reason: some sort of ugliness with a government raid, and dynamiting Devil's Reef, and arresting the elders of our church... that is, the ones they took alive....

=O=
///||\\\

Here is the patch Tom found for the DDG:
download.php

USS Miskatonic

The art work is fantastic. Good work guys on the research. BTW: who is funding the research or is that information top secret?

I have been contracted by a private investor to do a whole study on the ship lines under the names of the Arkham Shipyard...perhaps a book in the works...can't tell yet.
OP is a new link for me, and seems to have quite a lot of relevant information...we have been trading emails, and may work on some stuff together...its a fun process, because every day, new information comes to light...I have a ton of pics now, and will post some more soon...as well as an oil painting of the first Miskatonic that is being framed as I write (well, that may be an overstatement...its 8 o clock here)
Glad you find it as interesting as I do !
greg

The drawings are well done and the stamp designs are wonderful.

What is the possibility of “digging up” drawings of military submarines or any underwater apparatus?

the only information I have been able to dredge in regards to early submersibles is of the ill fated Whipporwill, a hand cranked machine that sank with all hands on its maiden voyage after being struck by a bit of reef near the coast...some research does hint at a post civil war design, and of course there was the infamous Tindalos, a Gato class submarine from world war two, responsible for sinking over 7 enemy subs and 13 tankers on its first patrol ! I will talk to OP and see if any info can be had...thanks again for the interest !
greg

Well, well. found more stuff from Mom... It seems my grammy (Constance) worked at the Arkham Asylum after leaving school. An inmate there named Danforth -- who was one of the only survivors of the ill-fated Antarctic expedition backed by Miskatonic University -- took a fancy to her, and gave her some drawings. This was one that he claimed was an accurate portrait of the original rulers of Earth. Like I said, he was in the Asylum...

=( )=
///||\\\

Hmmm...cool illo ! I dug up a photograph from that expedition a number of years ago, had to go back to my old pc to find it:
Dr. Peabody is on the lower left, helping to outfit the Dornier trimotors with cold weather gear prior to the onset of the cold...there is still some snow on the ground already...
Cool how Lovecraft wove fiction with reality!!
g
download.php

We had this piece of parchment for years. I was told that one of our relatives, Maria, was a cleaning person who worked for an unknown mental hospital, she found this picture in a metal trash bin. It looks like someone was trying to destroy this parchment by fire. Any comments?

It really is too bad all of the script near the bottom was burned or torn away...it looks like a print that I glimpsed when I was attending college in the early 1980's !
Obviously, the illustrator who penned the original must have gone crazy trying to draw so many strange angles and beings,it seems to be a fate shared by all who do too much research in this somewhat arcane arena...
Is there any writing on the back ?
greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back