• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Starting my tank build

Why hob siphon? I definitely recommend drilling for two bulkheads and using a weir configuration over a siphon setup. I know some of the commercially available hob siphon setups are supposed to be fool proof but that still leaves issues with octoproofing.

I'd rather just buy the box and seal it up somehow than worry about breaking the $250 fish tank I just bought or paying some guy I dont know to break it for me. Besides that I might end up doing other things with the tank down the road that won't require an overflow if I ever tire out on octos or saltwater stuff so I'd rather not drill it. I'm pretty fairly handy with tools and plastic work.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back