Squiggles - No name....yet........

More Squiggles Pics

He's doing very well...only problem is I believe he is approaching adulthood and a small egg species. He's starting to realize I'm the food goddess! :smile: I was cleaning out crab leftovers, and out came his arms from his shell fortress and 2 seconds later, he came flying out pacing the front of the tank looking for a crab.

Very pretty octopus, Carol. Have you posted pics in the ID forum? I'd think we'd be able to identify him, doesn't look like the others you've had.

Nancy

Squiggles/Octo#2 R they the same?

I'm confused....Octo#2 was out tonight searching for food and I'm not sure if she's the same as Squiggles or not so I'm posting both their pics on this thread to see what you all think. Octo#2 is much more shy, but has positioned herself where she can see us, unlike Squiggles, who hides continuously unless he's hungry. Octo#2 is very good with changing to whatever color she is near where Squiggles does not, has his own color scheme going on, regardless of what's near him. If they are the same species then they both have totally different personalities, which I know all octopuses do but I am surprised as to how total opposite these are.

yeah identical species its o alecto i had one just like them about 6 months ago she got to have a mantle golfball sized and legs 8 inches or so long. she laid small eggs that were fertile hatched and then all died she died a few weeks later.

Squiggles has eggs....

I have not seen Squiggles for 2 weeks. She had herself so blocked in you couldn't even see in the cave anymore. This morning, I moved some of her shells and confirmed she's guarding eggs. This obviously was an adult. Unfortunately, small egg species so odds are not good to raise the babies. Oh is she mad at me. As I type she is pulling every shell she had blocking the cave back to where she had them. Her arms are reddish brown so she's mad! Will keep everyone posted.

Awww, so its another Dwarf Octopus species huh? I kinda figured based on the various pictures you had. Eureka and this one look very identical. I wonder why these Dwarf's at "That Pet's Place" never lay eggs before the customer buys them. Im guessing you purchased these once they notified you right? So far iv only heard that they had once a Vulgaris in which I got notified. It was when I had the Briareus and was 8 inches tentacle length. Mabye you own that one now or its possibly already boughten from a while back.

Hopefully your third octopus isn't another Dwarf. 2 Dwarf's seem like enough experience for you at this time.

Squiggles Babies Hatched

This morning...something made me go dig her out to look to see if she was still alive and the eggs hatched. There are hundreds of tiny babies up by the lights...Hope to have pics shortly!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back