• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Squids communication

sepukin

Hatchling
Registered
I'm making some research about squids, as I’m writing a book that in some way involves them. I have a very peculiar question to ask: somebody told me that squids communicate changing colours, like a physical language or something like that (sorry, I'm new in this, and I know the question might sound pretty obvious) Is this true? I would be very grateful if you could answer me, or re-direct me to a web page to get this information from it. Thanks a lot.
Sebastian.

:notworth: Thank you very much! You know, I'm writing something about squids, and I'll keep on looking for data about them and their communication. It started as a very casual thing, and now I'm getting too much involved with them... To not to say nuts :bonk:
Sebastian.

:welcome: sepukin!

There have been a few discussions on squid and other cephs changing colors, though I think we have focused more on how they do than why they do. This thread talks about the physical color-changing process; I'll have a look around and see if I can find another reference in the forums because I'm sure cuttlefish color-signalling has come up before.

:rainbow:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back