SQUIDCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the system is down for a day (as in the squid have been relocated to another tank). Builders in the area dumped a ton of cement dust into the tank sump (my fault, it wasn't covered ... but I wasn't warned of construction in the room) - lost 2 squid as a consequence, and I'm not too happy..

It should be up and running again tomorrow sometime.
O

... a few teething problems (as in getting the camera settings correct, and moving it to a more appropriate position, rather than at the bottom of the tank; and sorting out the lighting), but it's back online and should NOT go off again (unless builders dump concrete dust in the sump again ... and I hope that's not going to happen anytime soon)! Sorry for what happened there.

I placed a couple of smaller squid in with the two remaining larger ones, but they lasted about 2 seconds before getting chomped to pieces. I'll not try that again in any great hurry (some of the more recently hatched squid are about the size of these fellas eyeball).

download.php

Ooops - turns out that nobody outside of AUT could actually view the squidcam .... all fixed now. 1000's of apologies!

Awesome! I love watching those little fellas! I would like towatch them being fed... I have never seen them eating before. Live I mean.

I just checked back on the cam after sometime and its amazing to see how much the squid have grown, they were barely visible when they first hatched and now they're.............more visible :heee: There seems to be only a couple of squid left, did i miss out on something?

Long story Joel - someone did some construction in the tank room - concrete dust settled in the tank ... 24hrs is all it took.

We'll be moving the camera again shortly, to give you a better view - it's impossible right now. I've a ton more squid but whenever I add them to the tank these larger squid just devour them ... and I don't want to lose any more than I have to (I'd rather let them go in sea cages)

Why do those squid have to look exactly like each other, and move so dang fast?! :bonk: Oh well, time to start over: you are Zack, Bill, Susan, Ja- DANGITTY! Oh well, at least I got 3! It's a new record! :heee:

It was driving me mental, not being able to see the squid, so despite the honking great big sign posted (by IT) on the outside of the tank

"DO NOT MOVE THE WEBCAM"

I moved it!

Now you can see them!

I'll probably get my wrists slapped, but I don't see anyone else in here on Xmas day ... so :heee:

Confused

Wait, why was there construction going on in the tank room? And why wasn't any sort of protection put over the squid tank?

Hey, O'Shea,

Believe it or not, I AM fourteen years old. I am an eighth-grade student at Lakeview Middle School in Warsaw, Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back