SQUIDCAM III

Like my life needs extra drama!

They are so small, ~ 3mm length, and the camera is struggling at this size (so the pics are pretty poor). Here are just a couple of the squid (now 17 of them) that bob around in the tank .... but they don't want to oblige me and stay in one place for a shot

Attachments

• conv_295793.jpg
    conv_295793.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 74
  • conv_295794.jpg
    conv_295794.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 78
  • conv_295795.jpg
    conv_295795.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 74
  • conv_295796.jpg
    conv_295796.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 73
I'm with Cuttlegirl on the photo compilments! I am never able to get that much detail on the little squirts and my best attempts were on benthic large egg dwarfs.

Thales,
You better get crackin' (or should that be Kraken?) on your cuttle tank or Steve will be one up on you. Might as well strike while the iron is hot and trade on your new fame to request another new innovation. :cephdevil:

The webcam is installed tomorrow :smile: Then I'll start the SQUIDCAM IV thread.

Righty, you'd best see if CUTTLECAM.com has gone ....

There probably should be a personal ceph cam forum perhaps under the Ceph Care category, but SquidCam would be specifically for this unusual project I, II, III, IV, V, VI, etc :smile:

Ok - consulted with D and Dr O. The squidcam thread will reside in *this* forum, not a new forum. Meanwhile, we'll continue explore ideas around a video / streaming forum and/or feature as it relates to ceph care. Will blog about it when we have a plan.

I'm not sure how long I can keep the squidcam operational; keeping these things alive requires a tremendous amount of work, and time is something I have so little of these days. All going to plan we can probably keep these animals alive for 6 to 7 months, but after that I may not be in NZ for a few months so will be unable to keep the next generation going. A new forum would quickly go quiet without any activity.

We'll be using these current squid for a documentary in early February, which is one of the reasons why I've started this again; there are a number of documentaries being filmed over the next few months.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back