squid mating ritual

jugglematt

O. vulgaris
Registered
hello
im new to this forum .
id like to share some photos of an encounter i had a few weeks ago at Jervis Bay Australia.

i came across a group of aprox 20 squid depositing eggs and doing amazing stuff i was able to lay on the bottom and watch for about 35mins

click here for the photos ,,,album 2005-04-10

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jugglematt2003/my_photos

comments apreciated

also how long will it take for them to hatch...corrent water temp 19-20c

reguards
matty

Nice pics. Makes me wanna go diving! What species? I'll guess embryonic dvpmnt would not take much more than 1 month although its just a guess!!
:welcome:

some pics of the cuttle down under

matt

Attachments

• conv_287899.jpg
    conv_287899.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 116
  • conv_287900.jpg
    conv_287900.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 103
well im still trying to work out how to place a copyrite stamp on my photos .

but let me know which ones you like . and ill load a full res version onto my photo page

reguards
matt

I'd love to get full sized versions of these

R0018833 copy
R0018834 copy
R0018843 copy
R0018936 copy

for Desktop wallpaper use only. Scout's Honor (and I was a Scout, so it's not just a saying). :smile:

If you're worried about posting them on a site I take all kinds of email. :wink:

hello
i just went diving yesterday and saw one of these giant cuttle fish stalk and capture /eat a fish .
amazing creatures awsome colour .
thanks for the compliments re the photos.

ill keep an eye on the squid eggs and try and get some progressive photos of their development .... were able to go diving most weekends(weather dependant) were 7mins drive from the boat ramp and have ocean views out the kitchen window...

reguards
matt

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back