Squid found in South Lake Union near Alexandria? - Alexandria Echo Press

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff

Squid found in South Lake Union near Alexandria?
[SIZE=-1]Alexandria Echo Press[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The newspaper has received some strange tips over the years but this one is a real head shaker: What appears to be a squid was found near the public access on South Lake Union Friday afternoon. This is what a resident living on South Union Lake found ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]and more »[/SIZE]

More...

Indeed this does "appear" to be a squid, Echo. I like how they muse how odd it is to find this squid as they "are not usually found in the lakes of our part of the country". When someone finds a squid in a lake in ANY part of the country, I'll be impressed! "How did it get there?" ... Well, I would assume that someone went to the market... bought a squid... and threw it in the grass! They are probably getting a kick out of this article right now!

Sometimes, I wonder about the media!

Squid mystery shows up on shore of South Union Lake in Alexandria, Minn. - Grand Fork

Squid mystery shows up on shore of South Union Lake in Alexandria, Minn.
[SIZE=-1]Grand Forks Herald[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Echo Press received a call from a resident on South Union Lake with a weird tip: He came across what appeared to be a dead squid lying on the ground of the public access on South Union Lake, just a few feet from the water. This squid that was found at ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]and more »[/SIZE]

More...

CG was on the right track but it got a little more complex:

Speculation mounts

Meanwhile, speculation began on Facebook about where the squid could have come from. Most thought it was a gag. Some said it could have came from an aquarium or been brought back by someone on vacation.

A few suggested it might have come from Bio Corporation in Alexandria, which provides preserved specimens, including squids, to classrooms for dissection and study.

As it turns out, the owner of Bio Corporation, Ben Hedstrom, lives right across the street from the access. He buys squid by the ton and he’ll often take some home to feed to his turtles.

That friendly pooch at the access was Hedstrom’s dog, “Drake.” He must have stolen a couple of squid from the turtles and dragged one of them down to the access, Hedstrom said when contacted by the newspaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back