Squid beak for sale on ebay

Attachments

• conv_302430.jpg
    conv_302430.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 787
16 bids, $172 for a common species, Wow is right! Of course, it is being marketed as GIANT-SQUID-BEAK-VERY-RARE-MUST-SEE! Who could resist that...:cool2:

Neat find though, all and all!
Cheers!

That's not Architeuthis!!!!!:mad:

Someone write online that it isn't, and say that I said so - they're being conned. (I'm not an ebay member, wouldn't know how to and don't want to be).

Crikey. I wonder what a real Architeuthis beak would go for?

Shouldn't the beak be displayed with the larger portion as the lower beak, while the smaller portion being the upper beak. The opposite of a parrot's beak.

PSLee said:
Shouldn't the beak be displayed with the larger portion as the lower beak, while the smaller portion being the upper beak. The opposite of a parrot's beak.

Nope! The longer portion is the upper beak and the short robust one is the lower.

And Steve, I thought the same as you, they've very conveniently hidden the Humbolt part well, and made the GIANT part stand out. I wonder how many of the bidders made the same mistake and think they're getting an Archie beak????????????

J

the only squid beak I have is the one I removed from my "squid with spicy salt" in a Chinese restaurant. I wonder how much I could get for that on ebay...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back