Squid beak for sale on ebay

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Current bid US$172.50 (with 3 and a half days to go!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

I wonder if I could sell some warty squid beaks???????? Or Arrow squid????? I have a wee few :lol:

J

main_board

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
16 bids, $172 for a common species, Wow is right! Of course, it is being marketed as GIANT-SQUID-BEAK-VERY-RARE-MUST-SEE! Who could resist that...8-)

Neat find though, all and all!
Cheers!

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
That's not Architeuthis!!!!!:mad:

Someone write online that it isn't, and say that I said so - they're being conned. (I'm not an ebay member, wouldn't know how to and don't want to be).

PSLee

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Shouldn't the beak be displayed with the larger portion as the lower beak, while the smaller portion being the upper beak. The opposite of a parrot's beak.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
PSLee said:
Shouldn't the beak be displayed with the larger portion as the lower beak, while the smaller portion being the upper beak. The opposite of a parrot's beak.
Nope! The longer portion is the upper beak and the short robust one is the lower.

And Steve, I thought the same as you, they've very conveniently hidden the Humbolt part well, and made the GIANT part stand out. I wonder how many of the bidders made the same mistake and think they're getting an Archie beak????????????

J

monty

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Supporter
the only squid beak I have is the one I removed from my "squid with spicy salt" in a Chinese restaurant. I wonder how much I could get for that on ebay...

Euprymna

O. vulgaris
Registered
610.01 $ :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, with that money he could have taken a trip to Chile and buy more than one complete D.gigas from a local fisherman! He would have had a fresh beak and a nice meal!
I've got a vampyroteuthis beak...I may put on ebay and get rich!

eups

Members online