Squid anyone?

Discussion in 'The Octopus' Den' started by Octomush, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Octomush

Octomush Vampyroteuthis Registered

Or somewhere in between... :wink:

2. Octomush

By the way if u are intrested in buying one of these squid or a couple for cheap I guess... :? PM me or somthin. Thx! But just so u know they dont have much color and they get pretty big. Im guessing maybe a foot or 2 long. But I can get u ones that or 2" or smaller.

3. Melissa

Melissa Larger Pacific Striped Octopus Supporter

Nick, is this preparation for your squid-selling venture? When will you be ready for business?

Squid sound so tough to keep, I wonder if anyone would consider them good pets.

Melissa

4. Octomush

Yes I have been preparing for quite some time now. And I am about to get my liscence. The squid are kinda hard to keep I think... But my dad kept some alive in a bucket for several days without filtration or anything. He just fed them crabs that he found attached to bouys. I think that they would probally just as difficult to keep if not less as an octo. If u have the right stuff. And if u had all the stuff that u needed I think that hey would make fun pets. Steve O'shea says that u need a special set up for them and Im sure hes right. But you could probally keep one for about a year or so when they are still small then let it go.

5. Jean

Jean Colossal Squid Supporter

I wouldn't just yet Octo, til I was sure I could keep them! + I'm REALLY busy at the moment and couldn't give them the time they deserve!! (Also I can catch my own :D )

J

6. Melissa

Melissa Larger Pacific Striped Octopus Supporter

Jean's right. I don't think I could take care of a tank right now, so I don't have a tank at home.

Octomush, did you have a recent problem with your tank? Did you figure out what happened?

Melissa

7. Octomush

Oh ok.... Yeah my filter broke. Dont know y dont know how just did. Well if u decide u would like some squid just tell me!

8. Octomush

Any takers?

9. joel_ang

joel_ang Architeuthis Registered

Actually i would pay 20 to 30 but i can catch my own too :heee: . Just curious, how do you catch them anyway. They seem t die so fast out of water.

10. Octomush

My dad catches them when they splash up on the deck of his boat or jump up. Or with a dip net. Or when they chew on the bait. And by the way what kind do u catch?

11. chrono_war01

chrono_war01 Colossal Squid Supporter

um...

We get lot's of squids in Hong Kong too. Big Fins are common when you go squid fishing with special lures. But you get some smaller squid in the summer, not a lot. I mean you could fill a 1 ton crate with the day's catch :shock: well, not exactly 1 ton.....