Squid and Octopus spotting

More sightings

In an episode of "Yakkity Yak" one of the items to be collected in a treasure hunt was a giant squid. Several purple-pink squids were seen in the background.

For Science Week here in Australia on the ABC web site, there is a suggestion of three tentacles waving from the top of the page...

Cheers, KRin

I just discovered that one of Rebecca's coworkers suffered on the TV miniseries "Beast" and helped build the squids used in the film (which evidently was as dreadful to work on as to watch). Every time they'd approach completion, the producers would come back with "add more spiky things - hooks, claws - gotta make the squid more scary." When they began, they were still trying to make it more like a real squid.

This would have been a much better story - and this for you too, Mr. Benchley - if the squid had to fight a giant gorilla at the end. As the editors at DC Comics figured-out about 60 years ago, if you stick a gorilla in any story, it'll sell a lot better. Why not in Beast? Hell, make Whip Darling a gorilla with his own boat! That woulda RAWKED!!

:archi: :band: :thumbsup:

Oswald

Oswald, the octopus - the animated series - is currently showing on Nick Junior here in Australia at 9pm. I strongly suspect that the writer of this series have taken too much of something toxic in the past! It is so weird. Oswald, being a blue octopus, has a dog called Weinie(sp?) and a friend who is a daisy. A snowman runs the ice cream parlour. A penquin lives downstairs from Oswald, who lives in an apartment block.

All in all, a nicely strange way to end the day....

KRin

People fish and eat giant squid all the time. At least the kind that were washing up on our California shores. The people that like calamari say it's great. They make big steaks out of it.

On NPR this morning there was a story about the winner of 2 awards (one for best screenplay, the other for best director) at the Sundance Film Festival. The Title of the fim was "The Squid and The Whale". The subject matter has to do with a family where a divorce is imminent, and apparently has nothing to do with either squids or whales...

on a website i found a rather image-laden descriptions of a hangover:

"Your face is green, your head feels like a dangerously over-inflated basketball being dribbled by a sadistic orangutan and your stomach feels like an octopus with rabies getting electrocuted."

i just heard on CBC about what seems to be an educational play called "the secret life of the octopus". it's touring across schools in alberta, canada.

any other albertans out there?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back