Spike - ZyanSilver - Baby Bimac on his way!

I would say it's tripled. Has to be 2 1/2 " long, at least depending what he's up to. He's huge. Has a hard time fitting in his favorite shell, one with an openning about an inch wide and 4" s long. He is now eating 1/2 of a piece of those giant frozen shrimp I bought fresh from the fish market, daily.

And the larger the tank, the better off you are as more volume makes for less errors in water quality once the tank is established. So yes...bigger tank is definitely better. I think 50 or above is the recommended size for a Bimac.

Carol,
I would ask who made it if it stays that clean and hasn't faded over the last 20 years but even if you could answer, the product wouldn't be the same. I am only a little disappointed though that it is not alive since I remembered you have a bimac and can have real lights for part of the day (I don't miss the algae or cleanup though).

CHILLER for SURE next year!!!

Truly nothing like a Bimac! Tonight I was teasing Spike with a key ring for babies. He's been stalking it since. Grabbed a hold of it at one point but I think he figured out if he released it, I would bring it back down to him. I also think he was trying to out fox me and grab my hand when I wasn't looking. I measured his leg length and they are 6 to 7 inches long. His playing/stalking behavior is quite different from his wanting to eat pacing. Pics coming shortly! He's really funny...He's trying to pull them off of the surface but hasn't quite figured out how yet! Took him 10 minutes to get close enough to grab on to the keys again....At one point I think he thought he could skim across the surface to reach them but his arms weren't quite long enough. It's pretty amazing the play colors he's been flashing as he stalks the keys. Right now he's black.....

Spike Loves the "Famous Green Lego"

Tonight, we arrived home and heard some sort of banging coming from Spikes tank. He was 3/4 out of the water hanging off the Eihem tube banging it against where it comes into the tank, so I figured lets put back in the green lego (mega block). He has been playing with it for about 20 minutes now. He's not large enough to bring it to the bottom yet, but his weight and the Lego's weight he becomes neutral and just floats around the tank about 2" from the water line. Funniest thing I have ever seen. He's discovered he can turn it over and over and over like when someone is on a log in the water. Now he's on the bottom trying to lift up the tube Zyan included when he was shipped. Probably thinks it should float like the lego...Pics coming shortly..... And we are almost at the 3 month mark....And a good size reference - The lego measures 4 inches across....

haha thats awsome my octo stoped playing with his little floaty so i need a new one and ill try the lego thing

ps i got pic of mine finally

Spike Update

It will be 4 months for Spike on April 7th I believe. He's playing with the Lego as I type. First octopus I have ever had who seems content to hang out in the open from Day 1. Jess and I went collecting the other night at low tide and I was happy to see the crabs are coming back. I grabbed a common mussel just to see if he would eat it and he did, plastered to the front of the tank. As you can see from my hand pic, he is very large. He was squirting water at me as I tried to get a camera shot and he hit my lens with the water! Very social and not afraid of anyone. Maybe this is because he was captive bred and kind of like a hand raised puppy or kitten, that grows up having no fear of "their human".

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back