Spike - O. Burryi

Its going to be plumbed in to my 210's sump, that has been set up for over a year. Water quality for me will not be an issue.

I took a look at the biocube and it looks a lot like our nano (one of the old original nano cubes). If you have kept this kind of tank and like it, my comments are not of value but if you have never had one I would suggest looking at something without filtration and without a fixed hood, more of the plain cube style with a glass top and drilling it (you will not likely be able to drill the nano - fortunately we discovered this before destroying it :roll: but not before trying to drill it). The newer hoods may be better but I hated ours. We have eliminated the hood in favor of an all glass top (made as a replacement for our unit) and a combination metal halide/small pc that sits on top with legs that catch the outer rim. On ours (keep in mind it is one of the originals and this may well have changed) the return to the small sump is inadequate and it does not filter out much. I think some of the newer versions may have a much wider return. Lastly, the design is asking for an octo to escape to the sump area. It is a nice dark place to hide. I have never kept an octo in ours and it would only be size suitable for a dwarf (29 is iffy) but at least one keeper did find their nocturnal octo in the sump area. It may be worth getting the refugium light and leaving it on 24/7 to prevent this attaction.

IMO, if you want to try a cube (and I would like to try one eventually) think about a 40 gallon (24" x 24") for enough swimming room and skip the all in one stuff in favor of your existing sump.

My little ceph is growing like crazy. It is very impressive at the rate they grow. I bet hes tripled in size since I got him. heres a couple pics, he was moving pretty quick so one out in the one out in the open is kinda fuzzy, he is very camera shy but will feed regulary during the day if tempted with a hermit crab. Ive never seen it out while red lights are on.

Attachments

• conv_300051.jpg
    conv_300051.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • conv_300052.jpg
    conv_300052.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 107
I will post more pictures as I am able to take them. He hates the camera maybe thinks the lense is a giant eye or something. as soon as I move it, he comes out.

I've had several like that. One thing that helped with Monty (I think) was to leave the camera (or just the tripod) near his tank all the time.

After reading a few of the posts on here I decided to try feeding Spike with with the BBQ skewwer. It was the first "willing" interaction weve had since since I got him, he came out of the rock about 2 inches from my hand climbed down the stick, grabbed the krill then started pulling on the stick with his free tenticals didnt let go for a minute or so. Its my first time to play tug of war with an invertebrate.
Hes been curious for a few days, I would put my hand in the tank and he would come out of his lair and look at me throw a tentical around but would never come out all the way.

This is is awesome I cant belive that I didnt start this earlyer in life.

Sorry guys im gonna have alot of fun with this. heres another video. Pease excuse the stuff floating in the water, I just added some LR and it disturbed the sand a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back