[Octopus]: Spider and Cletus - 2 new octos aculeatus mabie??

new homes

pict up new homes for spider and cleatus yesterday 2 new 65g reef ready tanks, i was planing to drill my own but i got these for less than most places wanted for a standard 65 so i figured why drill, my other reef ready tank with a coverd overflow is working fine for cleatus now so ill just set these up the same way.
the first one is tempararly going on an oak stand that i allready had this weak so i can get spider out of the 45 hex that he's outgrown way faster than i planed but in about a month ill have a big stand built for bolth 65's to sit side by side over a new 50-60g sump
the new/temp 65 for spider will be conected to the allready existing sump along with cleatuses tank and the 45 spiders curently in and only a small amount of new liverock and sand will be added to whats allready in the system so i don't think any cycle time will be neaded but ill probably let the tank run for a day before puting spider in it just the same

Attachments

• conv_300613.jpg
    conv_300613.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 139
I know I didn't keep up on this thread much but I thought i'd close it out today with my last update .
I pulled spider out of the tank today after he died sometime last night, he only took food 2 times in the last 2 weaks and started loosing color about a weak ago and seemed very clumsy with his arms mostly coiled up as he moved around the last 2 days so I knew this was coming. I've had him about 8 months so i'm pretty shure he lived out his natural life span and I hope he enjoyed living with me as much as I enjoyed having him.
R.I.P. Spider

gpx,
Your description of the last two weeks sounds typical of observed senescence. It is always hard to see them go through it and I don't know if it is worse for a keeper when the period is extended or if it is short and less obvious.

Did I miss a post on Cletus' passing? I try to log the beginning and ending journal dates to have a basic reference on how long our animals live and I have added the end date to Spider's link but don't have one for Cletus.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back