Spectre has arrived!!

Can you put your homemade one on as well?

We experimented with all kinds of siphon overflows for about two years. The result, I only have acylic tanks (except for that nano which no longer has a sump).

I thought you made a DIY sipon when your official one stopped working. It may not be practical but I was thinking that joining the two together and using a valve to keep up with your pump would give you more time to see that one has failed. Since the valve would keep the flow from being more than your pump but doesn't care where the water comes from, it would seem to work as a cobbled fix for the current tank.

Also Drs Foster and Smith have their aquarium mats on sale:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=14697

I have found them quite useful to minimize problems with water on the floor. I have a stubborn skimmer that likes to overflow from time to time and used to run water down the heat vent opening onto the suspended ceiling in the downstairs bedroom. The mats absorb a lot of water but will not keep the carpet completly dry).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back