• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

species question

91lxstang

GPO
Registered
ok..... ive been thinkin my octo was a bimac but i started noticing different things about him... i wasnt sure if bimaculatus's have fleshy horns over there entire mantle and above both eyes.... sometimes he doesnt have these horns and he is a brown color and his skin is completely smooth with no horns.... but when he has the horns on him he is a darkish brown/black with light grey stripes everywhere.....he has the blue eyespots and i wasnt sure if bimacs were the only species with them.... any one have any ideas? ill get pics soon

some other spieces do get eye spots underneath but they are noware near as bright and colorfull. as for your octopus changing color and texture, it is perfectly normal and all octopus do that.

clownfish said:
some other spieces do get eye spots underneath but they are noware near as bright and colorfull. as for your octopus changing color and texture, it is perfectly normal and all octopus do that.
True, but if I remember correctly, each eyespot is unique to its species (ie. an identifying marker).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back