Son of Hawaiian floater

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
So... what have we here? If it weren't for every single picture depicting it translucent, I'd so wish for Megalocranchia :biggrin2:

The game is afoot...

squidoneABD.jpg

Yes Kat, Onykia is a strong contender :wink: It really depends on our interpretation of what we're seeing; badly chomped "normal" mantle, or cranchiid type with stocky anterior and slender posterior, still contemplating.... No nuchal fusion, hmmm.... can't tell...

Eyes appear to be missing, so, no clues there, either...

Just for fun, Megalocranchia's most famous appearance.

MegaloFull.JPG

Plus, even Teuthowenia, the original "glass squid" can open up its red chromophores completely...

TeuthMegalopsFinMV06.200a.jpg

I guess...

I_Want_To_Believe.jpg

Billy Ray was a floater's son...

OK, here's my interpretation: pretty tapered mantle, but muscular; terminal fins of indeterminate shape (but also pretty muscular); really short arms -- clearly damaged but already pretty slim at the point where they are truncated. I have a vague shadowy image in my mind of some squid illustration that looks roughly like this (not Onykia this time!) but I have to dig around a bit and see whether I can figure out where the image is lurking.

Attachments

• conv_299717.jpg
    conv_299717.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 173

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back