• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

somethings wrong

Thingymabob

Blue Ring
Registered
my cuttlefish seeems to be having problems catching food because it usually shoots out its preying tentacle but it never does it so he cant get any food.

What size is the cuttle, and what are you trying to feed it? It sounds like he is interested in the prey item, but not enough to actually dedicate the time to eat it, or, perhaps the prey item is too large?

greg

im not sure how old iit is but one died and i think its because it layed a few eggs. my cuttles a sepia bandensis and its around 5 cm not including the tentacles

At that size it is an adult and may be reaching senscence. This seems to be a commonly noted occurance in the older age of cuttles.

But maybe he has hurt it somehow??

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back