Some cuttle pictures....(PICTURE INTENSE)

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
I went through folders and folders of pictures Ive taken of my Bandensis and Officinalis to make a collection of all my favorite ones. I realised that I literally only take 1 good picture out of a 1000 heh. Heres a few Id like to share. I know im not the best photography, but here goes..

Bandensis:

Octavarium

Wonderpus
Registered
I love all your cuttles. Im in the process of thinking of converting my 29 to salt and cycling it to get a cuttle by summer/late spring. BTW what camera are you using, your getting pictures I never could come close to getting through my tanks.

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Thanks!.. Im using a basic point and shoot SONY, but you really don't want to use that. I would recommend something with more manual control options for white balance..etc. A DSLR is proffered, but they are pricey!

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Good picture show:wink: It is a bit difficult to proceed with my plans to restart a seahorse tank when cuttle folk give nice presentations. Empty, cycled tanks are dangereous :mrgreen:

Is the next to the last one of your officinalis?

OOP! I missed the caption on the last set. You had mentioned that you badly wanted another before you got this group and I half wondered if you would figure out something to pipe into your cool setup and get the one listed on Live Aquaria ;>)

craigl

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Great pics! BTW...if you are looking for a decent camera but dont wanna go allout with a DSLR, cannon makes a point and shoot which has RAW capabilities.

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Ive been borrowing a camera from a friend and have been taking a lot of new pictures. A few interesting ones from the last week.

Its Coming Right at me!

Face Sucker

I feed them with a fishing line attached to a skewer of shrimps

I believe these eggs are not viable

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
dwhatley;112152 said:
OOP! I missed the caption on the last set. You had mentioned that you badly wanted another before you got this group and I half wondered if you would figure out something to pipe into your cool setup and get the one listed on Live Aquaria ;>)
Id love to acquire an officinalis again, but since I was not able to get them when my tank was first setup, the 150 would not be a good home for one. Id prob need a chiller and rearrange my rockwork and have less corals. My reef obsession has come back in full force, so Im not willing to sacrifice all the nice SPS Ive collected. =)

How's your large tank build/plans going?

Having the Bandensis in a full blown reef has not shown any problems so far. They are all laying eggs like mad! Im not looking forward to taking them out. Theres a huge cluster in a cave that would be very difficult to remove.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Our over the stairwell tank is in financial hold, and will be that way until my work status has more security ;>(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branane

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak