• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

So, I want to buy an Octopus...

Aquataholic420;88233 said:
If no copper is allowed whatsoever how can you collect crabs from the ocean.. doesnt the ocean have so many pollutents in it that would contaminate your water? If not this summer im going to catch every crab on the East Coast!

You do need to excercise some common sense such as not collecting near industrial sites or near stormwater/sewerage outfalls. The thing is that copper is toxic to many marine inverts so you're less likely to find good numbers at a contaminated site. Many people on this forum collect their own with no problems.

Do check up on the legal aspects of self collecting. You may have a catch limit, size limit or not be allowed of catch your own at all.....I'd hate for you to get in trouble!

Cheers

Jean

Jean;88336 said:
Do check up on the legal aspects of self collecting. You may have a catch limit, size limit or not be allowed of catch your own at all.....I'd hate for you to get in trouble!

Cheers

Jean

You will need to get a permit to collect animals in California. Contact the Department of Fish and Game.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back