• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

So I am new

st4rL1ghtZz

Hatchling
Registered
to all of this. I want to start on a saltwater tank[obviously haha] so i can get the cycle going and eventually get an octopus, amongst other saltwater creatures=].

The problem is i still do not know all the information i should as to what i fully need to get started. Obviously..a 55 gallon, or larger, tank and a chiller possibly, definetly not a heater. thats all i know and it definetly is not much. what else would be wise to get?

also...Do serpent stars and Octopus' get along?

:welcome:

the first place to check is the ceph care articles, under the big ARTICLES button at the top of the page... that should get you started...

:welcome: Have you kept freshwater or saltwater aquariums before? Do you live near any public aquariums? You can gain a lot of knowledge by volunteering in the husbandry department of an aquarium. Also, you should try to find a good local fish store that can help you with setting up an aquarium.

cuttlegirl;100282 said:
:welcome: Have you kept freshwater or saltwater aquariums before? Do you live near any public aquariums? You can gain a lot of knowledge by volunteering in the husbandry department of an aquarium. Also, you should try to find a good local fish store that can help you with setting up an aquarium.

no i have never kept a saltwater aquarium before=/ and the closest Aquarium to me is in Baltimore, MD. We do have a couple Pet stores around where i live, but, they are not SPECIFICALLY for fish which sucks. I am sure i can obtain, still, a good amount of information from those places though. Thank you alot=]

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back