So I am new

Discussion in 'Tank Talk' started by st4rL1ghtZz, Aug 21, 2007.

1. st4rL1ghtZz

st4rL1ghtZz Larval Mass Registered

to all of this. I want to start on a saltwater tank[obviously haha] so i can get the cycle going and eventually get an octopus, amongst other saltwater creatures=].

The problem is i still do not know all the information i should as to what i fully need to get started. Obviously..a 55 gallon, or larger, tank and a chiller possibly, definetly not a heater. thats all i know and it definetly is not much. what else would be wise to get?

also...Do serpent stars and Octopus' get along?

2. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

:welcome:

the first place to check is the ceph care articles, under the big ARTICLES button at the top of the page... that should get you started...

3. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

:welcome: Have you kept freshwater or saltwater aquariums before? Do you live near any public aquariums? You can gain a lot of knowledge by volunteering in the husbandry department of an aquarium. Also, you should try to find a good local fish store that can help you with setting up an aquarium.

4. st4rL1ghtZz

no i have never kept a saltwater aquarium before=/ and the closest Aquarium to me is in Baltimore, MD. We do have a couple Pet stores around where i live, but, they are not SPECIFICALLY for fish which sucks. I am sure i can obtain, still, a good amount of information from those places though. Thank you alot=]

5. st4rL1ghtZz

ThaNKZZZZz=]

6. Emily182

Emily182 Cuttlefish Registered

:welcome: I'm sure you'll find everything you'll need to know here. Good Luck!