So here's what happened...

That was interesting, watching the technophiles working on the dig stuff for the talks...you guys have a lot of bells and whistles!!!! Especially Melissa...jeez !!!! green with envy,
greg

Ok, I was going to originally put this up as a post, but it got too long, so now it's an article --

[URL2=[URL]http://www.tonmo.com/tonmocon/tonmocon.php]Here's[/URL] my account (with pics!)[/URL2]

Tony, could you please try to find a picture of me in that video that is just a little MORE GOOFY looking?? :roll: Thanks for posting the video, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, and probably won't, but I'll be glad to tell everyone about it.

pipsquek said:
Tony, could you please try to find a picture of me in that video that is just a little MORE GOOFY looking?? :roll: Thanks for posting the video, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, and probably won't, but I'll be glad to tell everyone about it.
Hmm... that turned out to be a tough challenge! Having failed, I've replaced the pic with one with a decidedly smaller goof-factor. :mrgreen:

Thanks PT, yep, that's him. He was very helpful to us throughout planning. Although his kids bailed on him, he was very kind to give us his time and speak about the school and their programs. I'll update the summary!

Here's what I've neglected to say - what I neglected to do when the last of us were doing a short series of toasts at the Crown and Anchor on Saturday night; this ought to have been done immediately upon our (fashionably late) arrival:

Sure, Melissa and I did a lot of organizational footwork getting Tonmocon I together for Monterey this year. Sure, everybody who managed to make the sometimes long journey deserves a round of thanks, as does everybody who makes this community the wonderful place it is who weren't able to make the trip. Sure, special thanks to Tintenfisch (and apologies to Steve) for the hours of cruel amusement that wandering Neil Diamond clipping has provided!

But the biggest round of thanks ought to go to the person who decided to turn his website into a place where all of us could come to communicate with one another, to talk of our beloved cephalopods, find out some of the latest scientific research, offer tips on keeping them happy and healthy in our homes; to often digress far from our main topics - for better and for worse - to obsess about things silly as well as serious and learn a little bit more about one another; to forge personal bonds that have uplifted us in triumph and united us in tragedy - all under the webbing of the big Tonmo octopus.

So even a little late, I offer a belated toast to Tony Morelli. Thank you so much for ultimately making all of this possible for the cephalopod enthusiast community at large, for always giving us a place where we can drop in and feel welcome.

Cheers! :cheers:

Right on Erich!

I was floored to hear how TONMO actually became a ceph site. Completely floored in a good way - been giggling about it since. Thanks so much Tony - I know my efforts in the ceph world would be much smaller if it were not for TONMO.

:biggrin2:

Cheers Erich and all! :glass: Thank you very much indeed!

This past weekend has reminded me that I need to prioritize TONMO.com and our community offerings. The product roadmap I presented only scratches the surface of ways we can make our home here better (I do promise to post that powerpoint presentation here sometime soon, FWIW).

I had some Chinese food today, and my fortune cookie read, "Be more direct. You can usually accomplish more this way." Such good advice. I am taking it to heart!

Righty said:
I was floored to hear how TONMO actually became a ceph site. Completely floored in a good way - been giggling about it since.

Yeah, I was sort of relieved with the story of how TONMO became what it is, actually. Somehow, i don't think an oncology conference in Monterey last weekend would have been quite as fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back