so happy

OHNO is here got him from liveaquaria at 2:30 acclimated 2.5 hr arrival ph7.8 gravity 1.023 had a hard time gettin him out of acclimation buckit but in tank and all ready eatin shrimp i have seen alot of cool stuff in my life but this is the best by far just would like to say thank u to all tonmo staff and all others that help me get to this point and a big thank u you to dwhatley all the post and info she has put here has really help me thank u

I have registered OHNO in our list of octos so I hope you will continue his/her journal :wink:

Any clue as to the species? Did you order the Caribbean or Indonesian?

The stripe (or skunk stripe as I call it) is a patterning that all octos that we commonly see seem to show. We don't have the best feel for what it means but do assume it is attached to emotion (if you looked at Puddles' journal in the above link, I mention it and show a picture of Maya displaying a very strong stripe (post #15) and then in post #18 bottom is another of Puddles displaying the same pattern. If we assume the front arms are not shortened due to predation, then aculeatus is most likely (photos help a lot ... hint, hint :wink:) but they has sent occassional others under the Indo heading.

Glad I can be helpful :oops:. I will never have the observation time represented by much of our staff, but I work at it.

Age, and what we are really asking is how much tank longevity can we expect, is something I can't guage even with my own (except the captive bred/raised mercs) and won't venture a guess. With some photos, maybe Mucktopus would take a stab at it though.

26421_1267444043528_1152623895_30665703_7277729_n.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back