Small tank and octopus help

Ben

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
So Ive had my octopus for about 4 months now. When I got him/her it was already a decent size so im guessing it was about 2 months old. With this in mind I figure that my octopus (Pope John Paul II) has a couple of months left.
Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and when his/her time does finally come I am going to convert my tank to a freshwater tank.

I would still like to do an octopus so this leads into my next question. I would like to do a small saltwater tank like a nanocube or aquapod. I was wondering what everyones opinion was on this and if someone could give me an idea of what the best small "self operated" tank would be and what dwarf/pygmy octopus I would be able to keep in it.

zombie

Blue Ring
Supporter
I have had a great deal of success in keeping smaller species in bio-cubes (aka nano cubes). Oceanic makes a wonderful one in a 14gal. Currently I have a small filosus in it as we speak. I also have an 8gal which I housed 2 different blue rings on 2 different occasions. Each one thrived and lived a long time in this tank. The filtration is very very good, the only thing that would be better is if you could use a skimmer. That compromises the tank's seal, leaving room for an escapee.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branane

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak