• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

size and age at death

I was wondering if any one could share the size and age of their cuttle or cuttles when they died . I have 3 all are different ages but the 2 youngest are close in age . I fear my biggest and oldest is getting close to it's end ( maybe 2 more months ). Thanks

I know that typical max for S. bandensis is 13 months. The bigger the species the longer the life span. Sometimes their eyes get kinda cloudy as they get on in months. Why do you think only a couple more months? Were you right?

no 1 is still doing very well .I have 3 cuttles all at different ages and sizes together hoping they would mate . 3 is the smallest at around 1 1/4"-1 1/2" while 1 & 2 are over 2" . 1 will be a year old in Dec. Hopfully 1 will hang in there until 3 is mature .

I think that size is a better determination of age and death in cephalopods because temperature changes can slow growth rate and increase life spans as well as do the opposite. If you have had them for a year then it may be getting close but they should also be getting close to reproducing.

Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back