Sirreal's Ceph and Feeder Shop joins TONMO Partner Forums!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
I am pleased to announce that TONMO Ceph Head @sirreal has opened up a forum in our Partner Forums section. As a sponsor of TONMO, @sirreal can now take your orders for cephalopods (for responsible keeping), as well as feeders for your cephalopod. You can interact with him in his forum and he'll periodically share information about what's available. Please join me in congratulating @sirreal in his new venture!

Hello everyone. So here is the story. I have been involved with keeping Octos for a couple years again and one about 15 years ago. I have been a member of Tonmo ever since i got back in. Wile being on Tonmo I see people asking all the time about where they could get an octo. There are a few places but they are hit and miss. A few online say they have them then when you order you find out they did not have one and if they do they have no idea what species they are. I live in an Tampa bay FL "Hudson" and there just so happen to be some local species that i can get but only when the crab season is in which started on Oct 15 and I am expecting to have some by the end of this weekend. The species expected are Octopus briareus, Octopus mercatoris, and maybe some vulgaris. On the vulgaris it will be very hit and miss as I have been told they have moved south since the oil spill several years ago but we will see. As I get octos i will post pics of them here for sale. Since i am an Octo keeper to i should be able to give as much info as possible about each ceph.
I will also have fiddlers and shore/grass shrimp for sale. I will do my best to give sizes as the shrimp are from less then 1" up to 2.5" Fiddlers will be a bit tougher as I tend to hunt larger ones but there will be some different sizes. I will also give instructions on how to keep fiddlers alive as i have a 5 gallon bucket in my garage right now with 20 in it for a month now with just one loss over that time. "Yes these were to go to D when I collected them but shipping complications have stopped them so i used them for test subjects and when i go collecting today i will release them".
This is only for Tonmo members as I have a regular job. I have no desire to sell to a larger scale and just want to help out my friends on Tonmo. Pricing will be per octo plus shipping. There will be no overpriced shipping just the cost of the packaging and shipping plus any heat packs needed. Please understand that this is new for me and I will do my best to make everyone happy with what they get. I have A friend who is A wholesaler in the saltwater trade who will be helping me with shipping and holding of the Octos. She ships all over the country and has been doing it for many years. I will also post items she has for sale so if someone wants something we can combine shipping. She has things like Peppermint shrimp and slipper lobsters. Hermits and snails of all kinds. Lots of wild seahorses. Most all of the items she has come out of the gulf.
I also will post odd items that I find wile collecting. Like pipefish and some very small flounders. Mind you I would not think these are good foods for cephs but I find that most ceph keepers also have a reef or fish tank and like odd fish.
I also collect amphipods but have not yet learned the best way to keep them long term or ship them but I will be working on this as I go.
I want to thank Tony and D for all there help with this. Without the 2 of them this would not be possible.

Thanks Roy. I will look into it. Which species are you looking for as I do have a connection with a local live rock cultivator who has a few. He gets some mantis shrimp local that he collects in his rock that has been untouched for 15 years. His plot is in 35' deep and 25 miles out so maybe I can get the Stomatopods you want.

Sirreal- I'm in! I have an empty tank just waiting for a briareus!!! I might be surrounded by the Greatest Lakes in the world, but there's not a ceph in one of 'em! Weather is still warm enough up here for safe shipping, and I am way past ready!

You get the first briares. Any day now. The 4 crabbers I am dealing with pulled this weekend but no octos. They put the word out to the others they know so should not be long. I was told it might take a little time for the octos to find the traps but not to worry because when they do they keep coming back. Smart little suckers.

Thank you sir :smile: Ready and waiting. I may not move after all (legal dispute may continue), but even if I do I don't have a lot of stuff and it won't be far, so it won't impact anything apart from the octo having to resettle.

Display Tank is 56 gallons. Yeah...a bunch of restaurants serve Octopus but no one seems to have them as a pet here...given the population of the city and its proclivity for the weird, fringe or niche, I find that surprising.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back