Sighting?

FishBoy said:
p.s. hi to everyone on the forums - the above was my first post (I've been a silent observer up to now but have a great love of everything piscatorial or sea-based, having grown up about 300m from the sea on the south coast of England).

I shall look forward to contributing to the forums as best I can in the future!
Excellent! Welcome FishBoy!

I think the prescribed :chillpil: is beginning to take effect:

It's not an octopus, so what is 'the blob'?

I suppose it was inevitable...

"The round substance looks like a mammoth jelly fish and is about as long as a school bus." - MSNBC Staff & Wire Reports, July 8

:?

Here are several 'globsters' I dealt with several years ago (similarly, initially reported as a colossal squid of some description). Both proved to be whale remains (the smell gave them away)

Steve O'Shea said:
Here are several 'globsters' I dealt with several years ago (similarly, initially reported as a colossal squid of some description). Both proved to be whale remains (the smell gave them away)

Fascinating! The globster in the second photo definitely appears to be a damaged sperm whale hide. However, the globster in the first photo looks remarkably like a Kiwi guy with glasses and a mustache, examining some sort of flotsam in the foreground.

Of course, since it's just a photo I can't determine what the globster in the first photo smells like, though I suspect it's some sort of after-shave cologne (either British Sterling or Old Spice).

I suggest that both specimens be submitted to the nearest marine biology lab for examination and -- if possible -- preservation for future study (because of the presumably volatile nature of the globster in the first photo, the recommended preservation medium would be either Speight's or a nice chianti).

Further analysis of these bizarre objects will be followed with great interest on this site and, I daresay, within the entire scientific community.

Yr humble servant,
H. Lecter, M.D., Ph.D., C.I.A. (Culinary Institute of America)

i think globster.jpg either looks like a platypus or a really ugly alligator made out of sand....

kind of like looking at clouds, but you cant smell clouds....

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back