Shyly Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nathalanti, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Nathalanti

Nathalanti Cuttlefish Registered

I'm Nathalanti (spelled my name wrong signing up somehow) and have been on and off as a forum lurker / reader for about 5 years now, and have decided to finally say Hi.
    Bit about me:
    I'm from New Zealand and we have very strict laws on pets / aquariums here. To my knowledge we can only keep local species of ceph's in tanks, so nothing exciting. :(
    I go through phases of wanting different pets and after reading the more recent forums want a few little Cuttlefish. Alas I cannae afford them and don't have the space.
    Errm, I have all my fingers and toes. This is important or I couldn't count properly.
    I should probably get my bum to Wellington sometime, but as I live in Auckland it's a pain in the bum trip to do, and travel here is phrohibitively expensive. (it's cheaper for me to go to Australia than Wellington).
    Other than that, I have a cat and live a simple life filled with dreams, rain and computers.

2. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

2008, awesome! Hi, and thanks for de-lurking, @Nathalanati! Always nice to have a fellow non-ceph-owner on the forums :smile:

:hugs:

3. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

So is your name really Nathan? If so, it's a great name :grin:.

4. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

Welcome, @Nathalanti (if you send @tonmo a message with the desired spelling he may be able to change your name. I know he could correct spellings on the old forum but I am not sure about our new one). We have many members who do not keep cephalopods. Some are enamored with the deep sea creatures and keep up with the news of spottings and there are three (two staff) in New Zealand that study squid at the university. Thanks for participating in the Hutts' journal.

Since you joined so long ago, you missed the new registration request. If you don't mind, please put something in your location on your profile so that members will know you are in New Zealand. The entry is free-form so you can put as much or as little as you would like.

Note: Cuttlegirl is bias, Nathan is the name of her youngest :wink:.

5. A. Cuttlefish

A. Cuttlefish Blue Ring Registered

Welcome to TONMO! I de-lurked a few months back and I for one do not regret it.

6. Nathalanti

My actual name is Joseph, I just like the handle / name Nathalanti and it comes from a misspelling of something else so its unique to me. I am the only Nathalanti in the world.

7. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

8. sirreal

sirreal Vampyroteuthis Registered

Welcome. Great to have you. I love that you say your only aloud to have local species so nothing special. Where for the rest of us something coming from NZ would be very special.

A. Cuttlefish and DWhatley like this.
  9. Nathalanti

Consider it more like we don't get any tropical species down here, so nothing spectacularly vibrant, now if I could get an olympic pool in the south island, then I'd have some fish. Bwahaha (colossal squid housing???)

10. Jean

Jean Colossal Squid Supporter

Welcome! I'm Jean from way down south in Dunedin!

11. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Hi Joseph and welcome to Tonmo! I'm Nancy from Dallas and have kept octopuses but don't have any right now.