Shout from South Australia

occyfan

Hatchling
Registered
Hi all,
My name is Bec and about 6 months ago we walked into our lfs and discovered that octopi could actually be kept as pets. Well a month later we had a tank full of live rock and a gorgeous West Australian rock octopus named Spike. I wasnt real keen on him at first, but my husband couldnt be persuaded. The last 4 months have been so rewarding, I didn't realise what an amazing little critter the octopus was and I'm so glad we got him. Watching him pounce on defenceless little crabs, nothing could compare. And the colour changing is great! Sadly last night he passed away and from what I can gather, the average life span isnt that long, so I am putting it down to age. :cry: Unfortunately the shop where we got him dont know the age when they get them, so its a bit of a waiting game....I wish we could get a baby.
Well anyway thats my story and Im sticking to it...Ill see you around Im sure...We have another occy lined up for a couple of weeks time...I cant wait!
C-Ya

Hi and :welcome: to TONMO.com!!

Yes sadly, octopuses live fast and furious lives which are rather short, but thetime that you have with it is priceless.

Glad you had a good experience with the octo, may you be able to get another one soon :wink:

:smile:

Sorry I don't have any photos of Spike....Unfortunately we didnt expect his passing so suddenly and I hadn't got any previously...I promise some photos of the new addition as soon as we get it though. :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back