Should i buy somewhere else?

Missnano

O. vulgaris
Registered
So i emailed the guy from tampabay saltwater, and asked him what breed of octopus he sold. He told me the vulgaris and it was $80, i asked him what age they sell them at he said he didnt know he didnt speak octopus. I am concerned because i dont want to get an older octopus and it die on me, if you know what i mean. What should i do? Is there a way to avoid this or do we just have to hope we dont get an older one?

Im sorry, we all feel your frustration, but no... there is no way to find out. I have never used tampabay saltwater so I couldnt tell you to be honest. If you have a VERY large tank (125+) you could try ordering from him but I dont know anyone on here who orders from that site. I have had octopuses live as long as 24 hours (due to stress) to 3 months is the longest for me so far. I hope that will change in the future but for now all we can do is guess, hope, and ask suppliers for a small one but be careful here as many dont know the difference between species and you could end up with a dwarf.

When youre ready to order I would personally recommend www.tomscaribbean.com

Yes but you will def get one of 3 and he knows the difference between the dwarfs and the others. When you order a larger octopus you will get one of two... either Octopus briareus or Octopus vulgaris. Plus he is far more reliable place to order than others. If he doesnt have them instock you wont be able to order. He answers his own phone and is always prompt at returning calls.

Tom sells three kinds. You have to call him and put in a request for what you want. He sells either Vulgaris, Briareus, or Mercatoris, although he has not had any Mercs yet this season.

I am actually wanting to buy one from captive breeding if i can, not from the wild. Anyone know where i can get that?

unfortunately there is no such thing as octopuses captive breeding at this time. Octopuses have proven quite difficult to farm.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back