Short Video -- Got my new Octopus from Octopets.com

He can't seem to make up his mind where to set up his "den" If that is what he is trying to do.

1) He set up under a big rock then
2) He dug a burrow in a corner of the tank then
3) He set up inside a small 1.5" pvc pipe for almost 2 days.
(Before he moved out, he placed a sea shell which looked kinda like him inside. So it took us a second to realize that he had moved due to his decoy.)
4) He is currently set up inside a larger empty snail shell.

He eats, and eats. Mostly Clams and Hermit Crabs. (The Clams I feed about 3 a day all at once on an empty flat Shell used as a plate by his current den--the plate is used to keep them from burrowing before he decides to rip them apart and suck them dry) The Hermit crabs are being eaten as he see's fit since they were previous inhabitants used for cycling the tank.

Next step is to get him some toys to play with.

No Name Yet, as far as shipping goes, it was very reasonable. You can send them an email for a quote to your exact area.

And no I do not work for them or with them. This has been my only experience with them, and it has worked out great.

If they sucked, I would definately let you all know. But they don't so I won't. :smile:

i cant help but think you are missing the point with the clams in the bag.. its not a question of them sucking or not... or whether they would replace it or not... just think of all the respiration in that bag for 16 hours... The CO2 levels would be high, ammonia high and the pH low... not an ideal start.

What if an uncarefull courier turned the box upside down, would the clams not crush the octo?

just to clarify, i have many years of shipping aquatic animals overnight and over 2 - 3 days

I only have experience receiving marine animals. I've received hermit crabs up to 50 (or maybe 100) in a bag from FishSupply.com. No problems with them as well. It was delievered in a rather large box. Even if it had been turned upside down (not likely due to good carrier, but you neven know) It would at the most startle him, there was plenty of room in the bag it seemed. If I hear of incididents simliar to this (lots of critters in a bag) with opposite experiences (they all die) I'll let you know.

He seems fine so if this is a concern, consider me lucky.

not necesarily like a chain reaction but one dying would certainly affect water quality and stress others to the point they might also die...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back