Shells in Nepal?

F! :biggrin2:

Big Kevin, I'm afraid the gems & gold inlay couldn't hold up against brute force & ignorance but here she is anyway (T Rex is for scale)

gonna go frag me a noddy !

little Keef

Attachments

• conv_287666.jpg
    conv_287666.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 93
I'll try that, if I ever find another fossils but I could tell my mom to contact the local tour guides there to send me some more fossils and bring them back to HK when the next HK tour goes by....

o..
was just strolling around when I cam upon this shop selling fossils, shells and crystals.
They had a few BEAUTIFUL ammonite shells (might be ammonite) still with the mother of pearl! Kept staring at it till the shops shooed me out.

chrono_war01 said:
how rare is a intact ammonite shell that is approx 10 in diameter?

10 what Chrono? 10 meters is very rare...... :smile:

Seriously, the rarity very much depends on the species, condition and location. There are a lot of large ammonites becoming commercially available from Madagascar at the moment. When that source is used up those ammonites will become rare but doubtless another site will be found elsewhere to be exploited.

I'm afraid one would need more details to judge rarity, but if this ammonite is of a reasonable price from a dealer, it can't be that rare. Most dealers are very clued up about their stock these days and a real cheap rarity is probably not easy to come across.

Of course common species are just as interesting....afterall they are still ammonites!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back